Our client is a fast growing, international, non-profit organisation whose main goal is to create a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050. They focus on systems with the highest emissions and where their networks have the greatest opportunity to drive change. By doing this they build large and influential networks and hold organisations accountable, turning their commitments into action.
This is an exciting leadership role with the goal of helping the organisation drive action on climate with heavy emitting sectors. They are seeking a dynamic Head of Industry to lead on the delivery of corporate commitment campaigns and implement a comprehensive strategy for the industry system across businesses and state & regional government networks.
The Head of Industry is part of the business action team, reporting to the Corporate Partnerships Director and with line management responsibilities.
- Oversee implementation and management of the systems and processes to underpin successful evolution of two major Net Zero Campaigns, including coordination with regional offices in USA, India, and China.
- Support systematic knowledge exchange across other projects coordinated by the organisation, in particular the wider portfolio of industry projects and regional government team.
- Build linkages with the work of the organisations-built environment portfolio, with other major campaigns - to ensure complementarity on embodied emissions and construction and property value chains.
- Feed into the organisational strategy and the planning of the business action team through articulating pioneering practices learned and other industry initiatives.
- Oversee the planning and timely delivery of the campaign strategy and annual workplan.
- Develop and maintain systems to improve planning of activities, monitoring progress and maximizing impact.
- Build relationships with the corporate sector to support recruitment of new companies to join the campaigns
- Oversee the implementation of campaign communications, working in collaboration with the communications team.
- Identify and develop funding opportunities for new projects, helping to deliver a systematic approach to the management and growth of income and resourcing and the wider industry portfolio.
- Oversee financial and business planning for all business action projects within the industry system.
- Ensure that all financial planning requirements are met, including provision of financial projections and reports on a timely basis.
- Ensure effective working relationships with regional offices and manage operational relationships with partners and funders.
- Be up to date on the latest developments in heavy emitting sectors, including business action and policy developments, and share knowledge with the business action team.
- Represent the campaigns and other industry initiatives, as well as our client at events and meetings as required.
- Line management of the Senior manager(s).
- Experience and understanding of climate and energy issues in heavy emitting sectors, including market structure, policy, and the relevance of business and government action to climate outcomes.
- Strong desire to build new initiatives and strands of work, and to deliver major agenda setting events that achieve great outcomes.
- Either having worked in business or worked in partnership with business. Working in government or with governments would also be an advantage.
- Proven track record of success in project delivery, including managing partners and subcontractors to ensure fulfilment of the project schedule and quality of work.
- Ability to rapidly assess multiple factors in complex situations, filtering out noise to focus on those most relevant for achieving change. Setting aside personal views to provide a logical rationale for recommendations.
- Ability to crowd-in knowledge and considerations from multiple sources, respecting specialists in other areas, being able to lead work to clear conclusions, constructively challenging while also building consensus.
- Willingness to address whatever is required to progress key initiatives. Ability to apply the urgency of the missions to timeliness of delivery.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.