Head of Design & Engineering - Solar PV & BESS
City of London
£80000 - £95000 per annum DOE, plus bonus and benefits
Climate17 are working with one of the UK's leading solar and battery developers who deliver highly innovative renewable energy developments across the UK.
They are actively searching for an experienced 'Head of Design and Engineering' to support the development of an extensive pipeline of large-scale solar and storage projects in the UK.
- Designing and modelling utility scale ground mounted, BESS, and large-scale commercial rooftop systems, to optimise performance and profitability.
- Producing engineering drawings using design software and AutoCAD for planning applications and feasibility studies.
- Providing the wider team with any technical, design or engineering support required in the development of projects.
- Keeping up to date with the latest design software, PV and BESS technologies and UK regulations, and understanding the supply chain to select appropriate / available equipment and materials.
- Developing and negotiating technical contracts, including EPC and ICP contracts.
- Attending and contributing to various internal and external meetings including technical team meetings, development meetings, and investment meetings.
- Contributing to written reports for internal management and external customers.
- Supporting, coaching and leading other members of the technical team.
- Establishing and/or refining systems and processes to improve commercial and technical oversight of projects.
- A keen interest in renewable energy and sustainability.
- An electrical engineering degree or degree in a similar discipline.
- More than 3-5 years' experience in the renewable energy sector and specifically in the design and engineering of large scale solar (ground mounted and commercial rooftop) and BESS projects.
- Strong understanding of PV and BESS system components and their specifications.
- Knowledge of NEC requirements, construction practices and H&S.
- Competent in using design and modelling software, such as PVSyst/PVSol, PVCase, and AutoCAD.
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong written and communication skills with report writing experience.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Location: City of London, hybrid working
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.