Our client is an innovator in the renewable energy sector, offering smart and sustainable technological solutions. They are looking to add a Head of Business Development to their company.
The successful candidate will be leading the market development, sales and commercial operations of our client’s organisation. As a result, the ideal candidate must have a strong background in the Distributed Energy Resource (DER) / power / energy industry, and you should possess a track record in growing sales numbers.
This is a chance to join a small but growing company as part of the management team who have big ambitions in the coming years.
- Identifying opportunities, developing business cases, winning new business and expanding into new markets
- Leading market development activities – including market analysis, prioritisation and go-to-market strategy
- Being responsible for the commercial proposition, including offering, contract, T&Cs and pricing
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive sales playbook, comprising of solution overview, USPs, sales methodology, customer personas, competition analysis etc
- Directing and leading the sales team
- Developing a partnership and channel strategy
- Designing, implementing and managing commercial processes, and assuring commercial rigour across the company
- Commercial negotiations with customers (where required) and the approval of final contracts
- Owning and managing CRM tool
- Monthly reports to management
- Setting sales quotas and commissions
- Assuring proper hand-over to delivery function of business after contract signature
- Working closely with product development – feeding in market insights and customer requirements
- Cooperating closely with Marketing on lead generation, collateral development and exhibition
- Experience selling Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions in the energy space
- Strong commercial acumen including extensive client facing experience
- Strategic market analysis expertise
- A strong technical background, and operational knowledge of distributed energy (particularly energy storage) is a plus
- Awareness of the project development lifecycle and the challenges of BTM DER projects
- Energy trading knowledge is a strong plus
- Be a dynamic team player with a can-do attitude
- A highly motivated individual, comfortable working independently and thinking strategically
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Entrepreneurial, with experience in conceiving and then managing deliverables through to successful execution
- Team management and leadership, with well-honed people skills
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.