Our client has led the market in energy data and analytics for almost 40 years. Today, they provide services to over thirty thousand businesses and organisations and processes data for just under 20% of the UK’s electricity consumption every day. Their flagship data analytics software is the tool of choice for thousands of energy professionals.
The Group Head of Marketing will drive awareness and growth of services across business units. You will have an appetite for simplifying complex technologies and energy industry jargon into compelling offerings for core audiences. A natural customer advocate, you will ensure the client express their USPs effectively as well as articulating the brand and values. You will ensure all customer facing media are best in class across online, social and traditional media. As the group evolves, you will help craft the strategic narrative, and develop their story for all stakeholders. You will have a deep understanding of the intersection between the latest developments in data science, energy markets and information technology generally. You will be comfortable supporting efforts beyond the promotion of products and services into supporting our broader regulatory and policy influencing objectives. You will deliver through a mixture of internal and agency resource.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- We are building an industry champion – help deliver communications that match that ambition: flawless, differentiated and compelling across all channels (online, traditional, social)
- Own the Group marketing strategy and plan, across business units and audiences
- Deliver the plan through a combination of in-house and agency resources
- Build awareness of the client, their businesses, services and values
- Drive the growth of core offerings both in terms of customers and users, and a reporting and management information system that supports
- Working alongside HR and branding teams, develop employee engagement and culture
- Participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and working practices
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy in all activities, and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives
- To work in accordance with the GDPR .
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
- You either already understand the energy market or you are searching for the opportunity to immerse yourself in it
- Strong strategic toolkit: you understand customer segmentation, and how to develop and communicate effective propositions
- Understanding of data, data science, communications and software development
Skills / Ability
- Present information clearly and in an engaging way – first class communicator
- Very strong interpersonal and rapport-building abilities, brilliant collaborator
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
- A customer champion – can advocate for the customer
- Natural collaborator and influencer
- First class communicator – in any setting and any medium – as happy to champion the company at a conference as engage your peers in the office
- Natural commercial acumen and strong radar for what works in sales and marketing
- Ambitious, keen to learn and keen to make an impact
- Held senior roles in marketing teams in enterprise focussed technology, energy or related fields, and looking to step up
- Experience of building effective reseller channels
- Expanding operations internationally
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.