Grid Connections Engineer- Renewable Energy
London or North West UK
Salary - up to £65,000 DOE
Our client is an innovative renewable energy marine developer that finances, installs and operates integrated shore power and adds renewable energy systems specifically designed for the commercial inland and coastal marine sector. They provide landowners and marine operators with utility-scale marine projects from 1.5MW to 50MW.
Due to successful investment and with backing from a major development organisation, our client has raised funds to design and install the UK's first high-voltage tidal shore power system. As part of their growth, our client is looking for a Grid Connections Manager to join their small and dynamic team in a role that has huge scope for growth and progression.
- Experience with DNOs and DNO processes,
- Experience submitting G99 applications, completing grid studies, and grid feasibility studies.
- Ability to analyse grid offers and work with DNO to achieve a cost-effective connection.
- Provide engineering input to support the development of a portfolio of projects
- Create and present technical reports on projects to the wider team.
- Support on technical design, layout, site optimisation and other site considerations.
- Support across all project types under our portfolio from Shore Power, Port Power, Power-to-Marine (PtM) and Marine Zero (retrofitting diesel work boats to electric propulsion).
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure successful development and management of projects.
- Represent the company at industry-relevant events.
- BEng in a relevant degree (Electrical Engineering, Renewable Energy and Electrical Engineering)
- Experience working in grid connections and renewable energy industries is desired.
- Self-starter able to work within a small and agile team.
- Ability to work autonomously to deliver solutions to help deliver projects.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment, or resources to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.Apply now
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.