Our client is a well-established consultancy providing a wide range of engineering, planning and environmental services for clients across the Renewable Energy sector. They are looking for a Consultant to join their Glasgow office, but will also consider their Newcastle or Manchester offices as alternatives.
Due to ongoing growth, they are looking to recruit a bright and driven Consultant to join their Developer Support team. This team provides technical and commercial consultancy advice to developers and electricity generators wanting to connect their projects to the network. This will be client facing and will require a good grounding in the technical, regulatory and commercial aspects of Grid Connections.
- Deliver projects to a high level of technical competency based on previous experience.
- Manage projects, communicating with clients as required.
- The ability to work independently is expected, whilst still discussing projects openly to ensure sharing of lessons learnt and best practice.
- Ensure all work is reviewed at appropriate stages, peer reviewing others’ work to ensure consistency, accuracy and that it meets client’s expectations.
- Identify risks within their project, communicating regularly with the rest of the project team and elevating any issues to Project Director or Commercial Director if support is required.
- Manage the preparation of proposals, including commercial aspects, involving others as required.
- Manage your own time and deliver multiple projects on time/budget, managing client expectations and scope changes as required.
- 2 – 5 years post graduate professional experience, specifically to work on a diverse range of strategic consultancy projects within the energy industry.
- Strong quantitative degree in electrical engineering (preferably), engineering, maths or physics.
- Motivated and self-driven individual with an ambition to work within the electricity industry.
- Well-rounded individuals with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of network modelling and power systems analysis.
- Interest in and knowledge of the UK electricity regulatory framework.
- Project management or project engineering experience.
- Commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of UK and international standards and codes.
- Computer modelling/ programming skills.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.