Our client is a global independent power producer who generates renewable energy from wind, solar, hydro, biomass and storage projects. The company produces and sells electricity generated from facilities that it owns and operates across the globe.
They are seeking an experienced Grid Connection Engineer who can lead on key aspects of the grid connection process for their growing portfolio of renewable energy projects.
This person will play an essential role in managing and leading the grid intel and connections process and other key early-stage project development tasks such as DNO and ICP liaison.
Remote work is possible, but the client expects employees to be in their Gloucester office at least twice per week.
- Identification of potential Points of Connection to the regional Distribution or Transmission system where there could be available capacity to connect solar, wind, hydro or storage projects.
- Analysis of UK Grid Code, National Grid Statements and additional information on the aspects that impact overall location strategy for new development projects.
- Analysis of received Grid Offers and technical information for specific projects that impact the Grid Connection design of the project.
- Coordinate the grid connection application, feasibility review and acceptance process with the Development team.
- Familiarity with and the ability to calculate the relevant values relating to single line diagrams of an Electrical Network on the network and customer side.
- Evaluation of Grid Impact studies in a steady state, dynamic and in transient state of all electrical parameters, performed internally or by third parties.
- Dynamic models in asynchronous and synchronous wind generators and PV Inverters in simulations to model power flow/stability and frequency response.
- PV, QV, FRT, contingencies and transfer limit analysis.
- Study of alternative engineering solutions for project optimisation.
- Provide technical support on Executive Design (on the power systems area).
- Provide technical support during design, procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Familiar with equipment selection and specification taking into account technical, commercial, operational, reliability and safety aspects.
- Automation and control skills in monitoring systems.
- Knowledge on security systems and devices.
- Bachelors or Master's degree or Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience (ideally in renewable energy)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the grid functioning and planning in the UK
- Currently or previously having worked for a UK DNO/DSO/TSO
- Good local network with grid operators
- MS Office, AutoCAD, DigSilent, PSSE (or similar)
- Availability for national and international travel
- Full, clean driving licence business insurance suitable for work use
Generous bonus scheme, pension and health insurance.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.