Climate17 is proud to be partnering with Kimberly-Clark, an American multinational personal care corporation which makes many well-known global brands.
As part of their ongoing GHG emissions reduction goals, they are actively seeking to hire an experienced professional to oversee and facilitate the delivery of their Global Renewable Energy programme.
The primary responsibility of this role is to accelerate the reduction of absolute GHG emissions through the identification and execution of new renewable energy technologies.
This is a truly unique opportunity to be instrumental in the realisation of an ambitious sustainability strategy and reduce the carbon footprint of a $18 billion global business.
This is a global role and so could be based anywhere, with regional/global travel as and when required.
- Annual planning with each Business Unit (BU) to align on 1 year, 4 year and 10-year targets associated renewable energy initiatives needed to achieve 2030 Carbon Footprint targets.
- Drive technology scouting and tracking efforts to help each Business Unit create their 10-year renewable energy project portfolios.
- Establish and manage external partnerships to allow for the identification of new thermal and electricity renewable technologies, develop a Net Zero GHG emissions roadmap for the organisation, broken down by region and develop potential external business model solutions to deliver projects.
- Lead the assessment process of new alternative and renewable energy projects, from pre-screening, through deep-dive, pre-engineering and appropriation. Support the execution and start-up of strategic on-site projects.
- Consolidate and lead a global cogeneration technology focus group, in order to create standards and best practices.
- Develop close relationships with BU energy leaders and provide support for regional energy leaders and their teams to enable capability to deploy alternative/renewable energy strategy in their regions.
- Guide the implementation of continuous improvement within deployments and support interconnection to enable benchmarking.
- Influence on Global Supply Chain (GSC) and BU leadership for adoption of renewable energy projects.
- Establish priorities, seek business alignment and partner with business unit teams. Leverage relationships and influence appropriate corporate, functional, and facility team members, including Regional Sustainability Business Partners, Energy Team members, Sustainability Strategy team members and business unit EHS/Sustainability leaders, for effective alternate and renewable energy project implementations.
- Provide a core technical engineering resource for steam, power and cogeneration, which is found nowhere else within organisation, including mentoring of mill personnel assigned to these areas of responsibility.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering or foreign equivalent degree.
- Experience in energy, power, utilities management or related fields - experience with renewable energy technologies desired.
- Major capital project leadership: energy management experience required, and strong project management skill set.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing and OPEX, being familiar with the mindset, culture and transformation process.
- Excellent presentation, communication and decision-making skills.
- Overall business acumen to be credible with global customers and end users.
- Experience in building strong working relationships with internal and external international customers and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge and passion for alternate, renewable power project development.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.