Global Commercial Director - Carbon Markets
Climate17 is delighted to be partnering with an impact-driven provider of environmental services with almost 3 decades of experience in carbon markets and emissions reduction and removal projects around the world. Our client is committed to developing high-quality carbon projects based on the principles of environmental integrity, transparency and good practices that contribute not only to climate change mitigation but also to sustainable and inclusive development. With a rapidly growing project portfolio, they offer experience and tailored services in the origination, development, financing and commercialisation of land-based projects, renewable energy, as well as technology-based carbon solutions.
As Global Commercial Director, you will be a strategic leader responsible for driving revenue growth and overseeing business development initiatives globally. This key role involves close collaboration with the Executive Management (CEO and COO) of the company to align commercial and business development strategies with overall company objectives and ensure the successful execution of business plans. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most reputable, high-growth companies in the global carbon markets who are working hard to make positive changes in the world.
- Develop and execute a global commercial strategy aligned with company financial and operational goals.
- Provide leadership and direction to the origination and business development teams across all regions (including Latin America, Africa, Europe and Asia-Pacific), ensuring cohesion and collaboration.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities to drive revenue growth.
- Manage contract negotiations and agreements with internal commercial and legal resources and external clients and partners.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and potential risks.
- Keep abreast of industry developments to inform decision-making and strategy.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key clients, stakeholders, and partners.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure client satisfaction and project success.
- Manage budget for commercial operations.
- Monitor financial performance against targets and take corrective actions as needed.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a high-performing commercial team.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative work culture within the commercial department.
- Ensure all commercial activities adhere to relevant regulations and compliance standards.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks associated with commercial operations.
- Provide regular, comprehensive reports to Executive Management on commercial performance
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, or a related field. An MBA or Master's Degree is preferable.
- 10 years of experience in a senior commercial role with a track record of success in revenue generation and business development.
- Extensive experience in the carbon markets, environmental or sustainable energy sector is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership and team management with the ability to inspire and guide a global commercial team.
- Has developed and implemented strategic commercial plans aligned with organizational objectives.
- Exceptional negotiation skills with a history of successfully closing complex deals and partnerships.
- Solid understanding of financial management and budget control.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant industry regulations and compliance standards.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and evolving industry landscape.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.