Our client is one of the UK’s leading Solar PV Operations and Maintenance providers. Responsible for maintaining over half-a-Gigawatt’s worth of solar installations across the UK, they are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and ambitious individuals to join their highly skilled and experienced teams.
The Field Service Engineer will attend customers' sites, maintaining various solar PV systems on a day-to-day basis, these PV systems are mainly ground mounted. The Field Service Engineer will be carrying out maintenance on installations, utilising and testing solar PV.
- Routine and corrective maintenance, testing, and remedial work on solar PV systems
- Installation of any new Solar PV systems in the current pipeline
- Responsible for performing Preventative Maintenance accordingly with the PPM annual plan
- Reporting of activities performed on site through the CMMS or manual reports as applicable
- Own risk assessment, analysis and operational Limitations. Report all near misses to line manager
- Responsible for supervision and coordination of third-party contractors carrying out works on site
- Coordinate third party contractors in order to comply with H&S Regulations
- Comply with all required fire, health and safety requirements for the environment in which you are working, following company and site-specific H&S method statements and risk assessments whilst ensuring tasks are performed in accordance with industry and company best practices
- Any other reasonable task as requested by a Manager, Partner or Director of the business Requirements
- NVQ level 3 Electrician or JIB Gold Card Approved Electrician
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Test & Inspect or equivalent
- City & Guilds 17/18th BS7671 Wiring Regs.
- AP15/OP40 – Certified (preferred)
- 3+ years Solar PV O&M Experience on Utility Scale Solar
- 3+ years LV/HV Planned Preventative maintenance G59 Competent
- Familiarity with Earthing Systems - including measuring and monitoring Relays
- Excellent understanding of Central/String Inverters with relevant Manufacturers training
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as CMMS and Reporting software competent
- Knowledge of power electronics and circuitry, power generation technologies and equipment
- Understanding of CCTV systems
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Renewable Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.