Our client is an independent, commercially minded consultancy specialising in sustainable and low carbon advice.
Based in London, they work on projects throughout the UK and beyond. They seek to deliver the right outcomes for clients by providing high quality and timely advice; drawing on knowledge and experience of the political, economic, social, technological, legislative, and environmental context.
They have a vision to be the leading provider of sustainability consultancy services, attracting the best talent in the industry and contributing to their client's success.
They are currently looking to expand their energy/climate change team with the recruitment of an experienced individual that will be responsible for leading and developing the range and quality of services within the energy team.
Energy Team Leader:
- Working with the Company Directors, adopt and/or refine the existing vision for the energy team for the purposes of progressing a strategy of grow (to improve resilience) and diversification into new services (partly for resilience, but also to ensure the team maintains its technical edge).
- Leadership of the team, setting an example for others to follow and aligning the energy team's activities with the overarching ambitions of the company.
- Providing mentorship and support to junior team members to help them grow; and to ensure quality and consistency.
- Engaging with clients for the purposes of maintaining existing and developing new relationships.
- Undertaking quality assurance of work undertaken by juniors.
- Delivery of more strategic energy statements and complex projects.
- Review processes and establishment of alternative procedures (where necessary) for the purpose of improving efficiency and quality (including presentation).
- Services currently undertaken on a regular basis include:
- Energy Statements - presenting strategies in support of planning applications.
- Thermal Comfort Appraisals - to assess the risk of overheating using Dynamic Simulation.
- Modelling (DSM) and based upon guidelines including CIBSE TM52 and TM59.
- SAP/SBEM/EPCs - energy modelling for the purposes of Part L, Section 6 and for the
- generation of Energy Performance Certificates.
- SECR/ESOS Consultancy - audits of an organisation's consumed energy and reporting in
- line with regulatory requirements.
- Sunlight/Daylight Analysis - considering the impact of development on adjacent properties
- as well as access to daylight within the proposed building.
- Services that the team is currently seeking to develop further include:
- Operational Energy Performance Assessments - Consideration of building performance in line with CIBSE TM54 and NABERS.
- Microclimate Analysis - use of software to examine effect of the built environment on the microclimate (e.g., windspeed analysis - pedestrian comfort).
- Passivhaus - the principles are starting to be adopted with projects for some clients.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.