Our client is a leading management consultancy based in London. Their energy team specialises in the analysis and modelling of electricity markets for a broad range of clients across government, regulators and industry, enabling them to make informed decisions through the use of innovative modelling.
Our client is looking to expand their data integration and analytics platform for intraday energy markets offering to the day ahead market and beyond and are looking for an individual who has significant experience in forecasting the day ahead market and working with traders on the strategies of operating between day ahead and intraday to help lead this new business line. The platform has had significant success in the GB market, with analysts and traders using it to inform trading and operational decisions in the within day market.
- Developing and implementing a day ahead forecasting algorithm
- Improving the platform's existing capabilities of within day net imbalance volume forecasting
- Working with the developers to create workflows that allow clients to maximise their efficiency across day ahead and intraday markets
- Working with the Partner to identify business development opportunities, and pitch to prospective clients
- Working with clients to explain how forecasts work and to assist in designing trading strategies.
- You should have proven experience in the energy industry with a specific focus on having developed day ahead forecasting models in GB.
- You must have a proven track record of developing day ahead forecasting models that have been successfully implemented in industry and used to determine asset dispatch or trading decisions.
- Experience forecasting additional time horizons and geographies is a plus.
- You are expected to have the required coding experience to develop the models. This will likely be in a statistically driven programming language such as Python or R.
- You should enjoy working as part of a small dynamic team. You should be comfortable leading on day-to-day project activities and managing the workload of junior members of staff.
- You are expected to have strong communication skills. An essential part of this role is to be able to communicate effectively both orally and in written communications. You should be confident, have good presentation skills and be able to explain complex issues to others.
- You are expected to demonstrate initiative in every aspect of your work and be creative in developing original solutions to problems.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.