Electrical Project Manager - Renewable Energy
£55000 - £65000 per annum plus bonus and benefits
Location: Stroud - Hybrid working available
Climate17 are working closely with a well-known renewable energy business that own and operate a large portfolio of Solar PV, Onshore wind and Biogas assets across the UK.
Our client is actively looking for an Electrical Project Manager to join the Generation Team, responsible for the development, design and installation of new renewable energy projects.
- Develop grid connection options and manage the connection application process and liaise with National Grid, DNO's & OFGEM
- Manage tendering processes for feasibility studies and project delivery.
- Manage the overall electrical design development from concept to detailed, using contractors and specialists were necessary.
- Provide project management during construction phase, including adherence to health and safety, compliance with the contract, technical oversight of the design and construction, resolving risks and issues.
- Prepare drawings such as SLD's and schematics to support both operational sites and development projects.
- Identify and manage design risks and communicate to stakeholders.
- Travel to sites as required and ensure an onsite presence during the development and construction phases.
- Assist the planning team with technical input and the O&M team with technical input.
- Regular reporting and updating the highlighting risks, issues and impacts and providing recommended solutions.
- Higher education qualification, such as an Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Experienced in the design and operation of electrical equipment and distribution systems.
- Experienced in the GB electricity grid and the regimes for wind, solar and battery power.
- Knowledge of wind turbines and solar PV installations and their control systems, including HV and LV transformers, cables, switchgear and SCADA.
- Knowledge of G99, G100, ENA and Transmission application and compliance processes.
- Preparation of contract documentation and specifications.
- Ability to priorities workloads without compromising safety or quality.
- Strong communication skills particularly verbal communication.
- Computing skills including, including CAD, PV syst and PV sol, MS office & MS project.
- Construction experience, knowledge of CDM and relevant Health & Safety practices.
- Full UK driving license.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.