Our client is a company that is passionate about the environment, is working to ensure development is achieved sustainably and have long term sustainability at its heart. They are looking for an experienced EIA Project Manager to work with their specialist internal teams of ecologists, planners and landscape architects, network of external consultants, and high-profile clients on an exciting range of projects across the UK.
These projects include wind energy developments, electricity transmission infrastructure, mixed use development and other land development projects. Their reputation for delivering high quality outputs means they have a strong client base and diverse portfolio of EIA projects for you to get involved with. They also regularly undertake independent EIA review work across the UK, and you will have the opportunity to use your EIA skills to manage the review of EIA Reports and ESs and production of the review reports.
Our client are registrants of IEMA's EIA Quality Mark Scheme, demonstrating their commitment to delivering high quality EIA Reports/ESs, and to continually developing good practice.
Reporting to the Project Director, and as part of a dedicated EIA team, the role will include:
- Contributing to EIA tendering and business development activities, particularly focussing on renewable energy in Wales and potentially Scotland and England.
- Managing EIA projects including liaising with project team members, clients and external organisations and representing the company at meetings and consultation events.
- Overseeing the production of EIA Reports and ESs, including writing and review of report chapters, figures, and appendices.
- Managing EIA Report/ES review work and reviewing draft review reports.
- You will be an experienced EIA Project Manager with previous consultancy or 'client-side' experience. Ideally, your experience will span several market sectors and include managing EIAs for large and complex projects. Experience in the energy sector will be particularly welcomed.
- You will have existing relationships with, and experience of negotiating with, key stakeholders and knowledge of potential future clients.
- You will have a good degree in a relevant discipline, i.e., planning, geography, or an environmental science field and preferably will have completed a post-graduate qualification in, or covering, EIA.
- In addition to EIA project management experience, you will understand how EIA sits within the wider development process and of client needs in this regard including delivery and viability considerations, and ideally have wider development planning experience and the confidence to engage with the design process for complex projects.
- Membership at an appropriate level of IEMA and/or MRTPI is desirable but not essential.
- Candidates must have good organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and time, using initiative. Also important for this role are excellent communication and report writing skills.
- The ability to build effective relationships with colleagues and clients is essential.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.