Director of Transport
£90000.00 - £110000.00 per annum
Director of Transport
Location: London, Birmingham, Leeds or Warrington
Salary: £90-110,000 per annum (DOE)
Our client is the UK's leading provider of land, consent management and stakeholder engagement services to support major infrastructure and regeneration projects from concept to delivery.
The role of a Director is to inspire and lead teams, manage financial performance of teams, be responsible for service quality, identify recruitment needs, perform the role of Project Director for complex large projects that involve multiple Directorates and deliver against all Directorate level KPIs and objectives, reporting directly to the Senior Leadership Group and Board as required.
The role is accountable for the following:
- Create, develop, and maintain trusted relationships with peers and key people across the company.
- Lead, motivate and develop all direct reports and their reports (your team) to optimise every individuals performance and professional growth and create the spirit of team.
- Engage all direct reports and your wider team in the Purpose, Vision, and Values of the company and in the Directorate's annual and quarterly objectives, ensuring those objectives support the effective execution of the Directorate business plan and the company Vision.
- Develop high-performing teams through providing challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognise them for the impact that they make.
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience through leadership, creating a clear sense of direction in challenging times.
- Set quarterly recruitment forecasts for approval by MD.
- Actively engage as a Coach across the business, proactively supporting a Coaching and learning culture and training others across the business on how to be an effective Coach.
- To positively change engagement/happiness KPI.
- Ensure compliance with Company policy and processes, demonstrate respect to Corporate Services and drive these behaviours within the Directorate.
- Be visible to all members of your team, including regularly visiting all offices and providing regular feedback to your direct reports.
- Set quarterly objectives that respond to the Directorate's annual objectives and business plan.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Work closely with other Directors to ensure consistency of high-quality service delivery.
- Understand the goals of clients and align team members to these objectives, setting clear priorities and direction.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and partner with clients to identify opportunities for improvement, consistently monitoring client feedback & sharing it with the team to
identify opportunities for improved performance.
- Foster collaboration across Directorates, sectors, and geographies, to maximise cross-selling opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with all Sector Leads to ensure recruitment requirements reflect forward order book / pipeline.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of your team's key clients (including their projects, their supply chain, their people and their objectives and challenges).
- Utilise market reputation to secure opportunities through leveraging personal profile, including through speaking at events, webinars, and podcasts, and/or through writing thought-leadership articles on LinkedIn.
- Manage forward order book effectively and lead strategies to secure new instructions with existing and prospective clients.
- Set quarterly financial forecasts for approval by MD.
- Develop and execute strategies for substantial revenue growth, working with sector leads to support market analysis and long-term planning.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. If you require additional support, equipment, or resources to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.Apply now
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.