Climate17 is working with a company that manages nature-based climate projects and integrates them into sustainability strategies to help their clients achieve Net Zero Carbon targets. They are striving to create intact forests and ecosystems that positively impact climate, biodiversity, and human well-being.
The team currently comprises of three people, supported by external advisors, who are currently in charge of finance (accounting and controlling) and HR. For the company to grow, and to implement new processes and concepts, they are now looking for a proactive and experienced Director of Finance.
Location: Germany, flexible work from home
You are responsible for:
- Managing the company's finances, including financial planning, management of financial risk, record-keeping as well as financial controlling and reporting.
- The derivation of financial measures and strategic investment decisions based on your financial analyses.
- The further conceptual development of financial controlling.
- The coordination of all necessary work around the annual accounts.
- You ensure the requirements for tax audits are met.
Together with the management, you will coordinate:
- All topics related to job interviews, assessment, and recruitment.
- You are responsible for the conceptual development and the coordination of HR topics with external advisors: this includes cultural management within the company, accompaniment of transformation processes, and ensuring organisational learning processes.
- You create meaningful HR reports.
- Coordination of all topics related to legal issues together with their international advisory.
- You have successfully completed your studies (economic sciences, finance, business administration, organisational development, or a similar qualification).
- After at least 4 years of professional experience in a comparable position, it is time for a new challenge.
- Proven experience of simultaneous management of different projects and processes.
- You bring along very good analytical skills, pragmatism and an enthusiasm for finance, HR, and law.
- You ask the right questions, challenge the management again and again and discuss at eye level.
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly MS Excel.
- Familiarity with corporate database management systems, project management as well as control tools is an asset.
- Excellent written and spoken German and English.
What they offer
- Collaboration in an international interdisciplinary and dynamic team.
- A casual work environment that prioritises professional work of high quality.
- A comprehensive introduction to the team and processes while providing the space to develop your own solutions - new ideas are expressly welcome.
- Regular training and capacity building.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.