Director of Development - Renewable Energy
$180000 - $200000 per annum plus bonuses and benefits
Director of Development:
This position sets out to strategize, build, and oversee greenfield utility-scale development for an international renewable energy development, execution and operations business.
With significant financial backing, a direct line to the Managing Director of the global business, and the autonomy to plan, grow and execute the US development strategy, this is a critical hire with significant career scope.
Based in Florida, the role can be on-site, hybrid or remote within the US and working to Eastern time.
- Design a strategic plan for greenfield development
- Double existing development portfolio by end 2024
- Originate 3-5GW of renewable energy projects in 3 years
- Grow an internal team to meet your business plan (circa 3 in 2024 and 10 in 2025)
- Oversee origination campaigns and manage the development team.
- Leadership of utility-scale Solar and Storage development
- Expert knowledge of at least three power markets including MISO
- Track-record of building and developing high-performing teams
- Thorough experience in land origination and site control, utility interconnection and permitting
- Strategic mindset and a business-wide view
- Onshore wind, green hydrogen
- Specifically grown a development team
- Florida based ideal or open to relocate
- Currently in a director/senior role
Salary and Benefits:
- The target salary is $180,000 base plus additional bonuses and benefits.
- Full healthcare cover.
- 401k match.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international renewable energy & sustainability recruitment consulting firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition and market insight services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint and those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment, or resources to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.