Climate17 are pleased to be partnering with a leading renewable power generator who operate a major portfolio of landfill gas assets across the UK.
As part of their long-term business strategy, they are growing their renewable energy division and are planning to co-locate Solar and Storage on a range of existing sites alongside the development of new solar projects.
Due to natural growth, they are seeking a Development Planner who can add immediate value on their solar project pipeline.
The primary role is to manage the delivery of the necessary real estate and regulatory consents necessary for construction and operation of solar and energy storage projects.
The DP will support or directly manage the consenting processes by direct liaison with landowners and by overseeing a network of external advisors and managing regulatory and consultee engagement. This position will play a key role in delivery of solar and energy storage projects alongside the other Grid and Construction development departments.
- Identify and evaluate portfolio sites to contribute towards the business' growth ambition.
- Assisting Development Manager in capturing new sites to add to the portfolio.
- Assisting with M&A activities where required.
- Negotiate with landowners to secure the necessary land rights, including ancillary rights for access and services, for the development, construction and operation of solar projects.
- Ensure that land right negotiations are conducted in a manner consistent with the delivery of viable projects by negotiating in accordance with prior funding approvals, the company long term plan or show acceptable financial returns on a case-by-case basis.
- Secure satisfactory project planning permissions in accordance with designs and specifications formulated in conjunction with senior solar team stakeholders.
- Represent the company in discussions with community groups, consultees, planning and other regulatory officials.
- Build a network of consultants who can assist the company's growth through supply of high-quality work and advice.
- Prioritise and co-ordinate workload.
- Ensure contractors adhere to HS&E requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-4 years' experience in relevant roles; either planning consulting, or project management within development stages.
- Ability to identify and assess land.
- Experience liaising with landowners, local authorities, third parties etc.
- Responsible for cultivating relationships with planning officers, planning consultants, surveyors and related project partners.
- Project Manage development stages up until the Final Investment Decision.
- Planning and organising project activities for successful implementation; defining budgets. Creating project plans, and status reports.
- Involved in drafting and negotiating private energy sale proposals and agreement.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.