Development Manager - Solar, EV & Battery Storage
£55000 - £70000 per annum
Development Manager (Solar PV, BESS, EV Car Ports, EV)
Location - London, Glasgow or Carlisle
Salary: £55,000 - £70,000 (DOE)
Our client is an innovative renewable energy marine developer that finances, installs and operates integrated shore power and adds renewable energy systems specifically designed for the commercial inland and coastal marine sector. They provide landowners and marine operators with utility-scale marine projects from 1.5MW to 50MW.
Due to successful investment and with backing from a major development organisation, our client has raised funds to design and install the UK's first high-voltage tidal shore power system. As part of their growth, our client is looking for a Development Manager to join their small and dynamic team in a role that has huge scope for growth and progression.
This role is responsible for delivering all project consents, licences and legal agreements to hand over to the construction project manager. From origination to ready to build. The role will require work on several projects to start immediately.
Their products include Shore Power, Port Power, Power-to-Marine (PtM) and Marine Zero (retrofitting diesel work boats to electric propulsion). We provide commercial landowners and marine operators with utility scale marine projects from 0.5MW to 50MW.
They are now recruiting for project development and construction management staff. As part of their programmed growth, they are seeking a development manager for an immediate start.
The Ideal Candidate
Will be committed to the UK's net zero ambitions, have land development bias and experience consenting renewable energy projects.
The Right Candidate
Will be capable, enthusiastic, optimistic, inquisitive and motivated.
Be an exceptional internal and external communicator.
Core Role Responsibilities
- Consent high quality integrated shore power and renewable energy systems (inc. PV, BESS, Shore Power and EV/HGEV charging).
- Manage land and connection offer contracts including lease options, service level agreements, DNO connection offers and various other consenting and licencing offers.
- Understand planning and technical project constraints.
- Work closely with external lead consultants and suppliers and manage the project team.
- Manage the development programme and budget.
- Manage your own time to be in the right place at the right time.
- Provide regular management reports.
- Have a project development track record or be seeking the next step in your career in project management.
- Hold relevant or advantageous professional qualifications.
- Have a sound knowledge of sustainable development.
- Be a confidence negotiator and problem solver.
- Be willing undertake reasonable travel to various project destinations in the UK.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. If you require additional support, equipment, or resources to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.Apply now
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.