Our client is a developer of an energy management platform designed to make electricity grids efficient, reliable and sustainable.
The company's cloud-hosted platform uses the value of local and flexible energy markets to balance the grid from technologies such as electric vehicles and battery storage, enabling network and energy utility operators to have digital tools to improve renewable energy sources.
It's the leading B2B online marketplace for flexible energy procurement in the UK, and a front-runner in a sector that's poised to transform smart energy technology.
We are assisting our client in their search for a Customer Success Manager to support the use of their marketplace for flexibility that is helping transform the energy industry.
You'll be joining their friendly team at an exciting time. They recently secured a round of funding for the next stage in their business, so they're busy preparing for a period of team and product growth.
Your key objective is to maintain happy and successful customers that trust our client to deliver a service that meets their needs. To start with, you'll be working closely with and reporting to the CPO.
- Customer support - ensuring that the right processes and procedures are in place for the team to always achieve excellent customer support. In busier times, this may also include stepping in to complete support tickets directly.
- Customer training - manage the upkeep of the online training and documentation. This may include overseeing the editing help articles and recording help videos in collaboration with the relevant production teams.
- Customer communications - manage the ongoing communication to customers, including what's happening on the marketplace and new features they should be aware of. This will be in collaboration with the marketing & productions teams and could be completed via email, newsletters, webinars or forums.
- Product team collaboration - be responsible for staying up to date with all the latest product developments and being the 'customer's voice' in relevant production meetings.
- Team support - support and coach your Customer Success team, ideally with line managerial responsibilities
- Commercial support - providing ad-hoc support to the commercial team, including supporting the commercial team to renew contracts as customer satisfaction is key to this relationship.
The ideal candidate meets many - but not necessarily all - of the below criteria:
- You have 5 years of relevant professional experience delivering exceptional customer support for B2B digital product businesses, with at least 2 of these years in a management position.
- You are familiar with customer support software tools like Help Scout having used (and ideally managed) both document writing, mail and inchat functions before.
- You're driven by providing the best possible customer experience and work hard to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- You are an incredibly organised and process driven person. You enjoy the process of listening to your customers to understand them and then delivery outcomes that bring them value.
- You're resourceful, resilient, and flexible, and will help clear the path for everyone to do their best work.
- You are an excellent communicator (both verbally and written) who can build relationships with tech and non-tech teammates and customers.
- You're fluent in English, even if it's not your first language.
- Experience in small start-up environments.
- Knowledge and experience of B2B customer support.
- Understanding of the energy industry, from the perspective of suppliers, the regulator or the networks.
- You are motivated by our client's mission to make their energy system smart, flexible and clean.
- You are naturally empathetic, and are always mindful of the humans who use and benefit from your work.
Location: London and Remote (with a London visit a minimum of once per month)
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.