Contracts Manager - Renewable Energy
£50000 - £70000 per annum DOE, plus bonus and benefits
Climate17 are working closely with a well-known renewable energy business that own and operate a large portfolio of Solar farms, Onshore wind and Biogas assets across the UK.
Owing to sustained growth, they require a Contracts Manager to work alongside the Construction Project Managers to proactively oversee all aspects of contractor relationships including negotiation, documentation, monitoring, communications, and compliance.
- Lead EPC contract negotiations with subcontractors and select suppliers, ensuring favourable T&C for solar PV and Battery Storage projects. Oversee the execution and fulfilment of contractual obligations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist in identifying and selecting, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers for solar PV, Battery Storage and Anaerobic Digestion projects. Establish strong working relationships and hold contractors accountable for meeting project deliverables.
- Assist the team in ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget, and in compliance with all regulatory and quality standards.
- Work alongside the finance and Generation teams to assist in developing and manage project budgets, tracking and controlling costs throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in relation to lease, consents and insurances.
- Set strict project timelines and milestones, monitoring progress and addressing any delays.
- Conduct commercial risk assessments for each project and develop mitigation strategies.
- Implement QC measures to guarantee that all installations and construction activities meet industry standards and company guidelines.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal teams, external stakeholders and clients to provide regular project updates, address concerns, and ensure smooth project execution.
- Assess and manage any variations required in the construction contracts after signature.
- Uphold health and safety standards on all projects, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and company policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Solid experience as a Contracts Manager or Project Manager in the solar PV industry.
- Strong understanding of EPC/ICP contracts, project management principles, and financial management. (JCT/NEC3 etc.)
- Demonstrated track record in successfully delivering solar Commercial PV, battery storage projects and (ideally) Anaerobic Digestion projects.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with UK renewable energy regulations and industry best practices.
- Possess a full driving license.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Health and safety certifications and experience (e.g., NEBOSH, CDM) are desirable.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, whilst maintaining accuracy
- Great organisation skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise.
Location: Stroud, Glos. - office and national travel as required.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.