Our client is an independent environmental consultancy who pride themselves on their ethical and unbiased strategy which has proven in their success. They have offices throughout the UK and have a global presence which they are expanding and are looking to add to their already successful team.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking an individual with enthusiasm and passion to drive environmental practice and policy to an enviable client base of blue-chip organisations. For the right individual there is great opportunity to develop and grow relationships whilst supporting, advising and offering technical solutions on environmental emergencies and strategies.
About the Role
As a Sustainability Strategy Consultant, you will work closely with medium to large sized clients building relationships at a senior level within the corporate world, to guide and help them understand the impact of their products through carbon foot printing and advocating sustainable procurement actions.
It is essential that you have previous client facing experience and are confident in building new and developing existing relationships. There are a range of tasks where you will showcase your technical and strategic skill set and deliver across a range of projects.
- Advising on numerous sustainability tasks to enable clients to understand the impact of their product and packaging through carbon foot-printing and following sustainable procurement activities, whilst taking their business forward and working towards a net zero carbon future.
- Other key tasks will include bid management, forging strong client relationships, modelling, analysis and technical report writing as well as delivering presentations and advising on policy.
- Maintain a solid understanding of regulations and advancing sustainability issues, to share knowledge and best practice.
- As the client base is wide and has a global reach there is a need for flexibility to travel with future potential for overseas projects involvement.
- You will have at least 3 years' previous experience within a client facing role gained within a manufacturing or consultancy setting.
- As you will be working closely with clients advising on complex topics communication is key. With the ability to put people at ease, explain issues with language a suited to the audience and influence stakeholders.
- You should have an analytical mindset with strong research skills numerical capabilities and be conversant with Excel.
- Technical knowledge of methodologies used to assess organisations environmental impact i.e., carbon emissions, resource and water use.
- You will have previous experience of ESG auditing, carbon assessments and providing a consultative service to clients of a multi-national level.
- A 'can do' attitude is essential, along with a strong customer service.
- focus to meet the high standard and ethos of the client.
- It essential to be able to manage your time to effectively to ensure on time delivery and the ability to prioritise client needs.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.