Climate17 is proud to be working with a fast-growing, ambitious Sustainability Consultancy who are positioning themselves to be the next market leader in building a zero-carbon world with their clients. They have a team of Sustainability Strategists who work together in a unique purpose-driven, entrepreneurial culture.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Consultant who has expertise in GHG verification and assurance and is passionate about making a difference, working in cohesion with companies to support their climate resilience objectives. Above all if you have a high level of self-motivation, are committed to personal growth and thrive in a fast-paced, client-driven environment then this is an ideal opportunity.
ESG is now seen as a Boardroom Issue and our client is perfectly placed to take advantage of this societal, economic, and regulatory transformation. Each week more and more organisations commit to becoming net zero, driven by both a sense of purpose and ever-increasing pressure from their clients, investors, employees, and other key stakeholders. In this role you will be a specialist in GHG Verification and Assurance services and will be involved in the development of services in this area.
- Relationship building with multiple individuals in large and complex organisations.
- Delivery of programme management with a focus on quality and timeliness.
- Business development to drive growth and expand work with key clients.
- Leading strategic projects with clients to verify and assure their annual GHG assertions, ESG reports and wider sustainability performance.
- Verification and assurance standards with a focus on ISO 14064-3.
- Upscaling consultancy services via effective resourcing, developing processes and coaching the team.
- Deliver presentations and lead workshops with business leaders.
- Leading teams and supporting colleagues with their own personal development.
- 5 years relevant experience in GHG verification and assurance services.
- Consultancy experience with proven team leadership capabilities.
- Knowledgeable of verification and assurance standards essentially
- Additional experience with ISO 14065, AA1000 is advantageous
- Good working knowledge of legislative reporting frameworks such as SECR, mandatory GHG reporting and the EU ETS.
- Good working knowledge of voluntary ESG reporting frameworks such as CDP, GRESB, TCFD and GRI.
- Strong auditing skills, preferably qualified as Lead Auditor.
- Attention to detail and an ability to communicate verification resulting in accurate reporting.
- Technical knowledge of audit and verification standards and their defined bodies i.e. BSI, UKAS and ISO.
- Skilled in preparing clear outcome focused verification reports, presentations, and papers.
- Working knowledge relating to governance structures and risk reporting and management processes.
- Previously lead on client workshops and meetings.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.