Construction Project Manager - Solar & BESS
£60000.00 - £71500.00 per annum plus Company Car, Bonus
Our client is a fast growing, vertically integrated renewable energy company, focused on developing, building and operating large-scale solar and BESS projects.
They are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to join their Construction team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing renewable energy business as they head into the next phase of growth.
- Review and manage comprehensive project plans, encompassing scheduling, resource allocation, and budgeting with a variety of contractors and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal teams, subcontractors, and suppliers to ensure seamless project execution.
- Supervise and manage construction activities, ensuring strict adherence to design specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct regular site visits to monitor progress, resolve issues, and uphold quality control and H&S standards.
- Oversee the commissioning process, ensuring seamless integration of solar and BESS components.
- Work closely with the finance department to monitor project budgets, control costs, and identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely financial reports.
- Identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure project success.
- Work closely with the legal team covering contractual aspects of the project.
- Act as the primary point of contact for stakeholders, providing regular updates on project milestones, challenges, and resolutions.
- Cultivate positive relationships with clients, subcontractors, and regulatory authorities.
- Implement and oversee quality control measures to ensure the highest standards in construction and commissioning activities.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to address any design-related issues during construction.
- Implement health and safety protocols to maintain a secure working environment in line with UK CDM and other environmental legislation.
- 5 years of experience in construction, or construction management, in the renewable energy sector, preferably in solar and BESS.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Proven track record in commissioning solar, and or BESS projects.
- UK Construction qualifications and certificates
- Strong understanding of construction processes in both utility scale solar and BESS systems.
- Willingness to travel as required for site visits and stakeholder meetings.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.