Construction Project Manager
£70000 - £90000 per annum 15-20% Bonus Benefits
This role will give you the opportunity to progress key projects (across BESS, Solar, and Onshore Wind) through the construction phases (Pre-Construction) from the start of construction up to the Commercial Operation Date, and from the Commercial Operational Date up to the signature of take over certificate and handover to Operation & Maintenance (Pre-Operations).
The core aspects of this role are split into four main areas:
Management of projects once they have secured planning approval and passed an investment case. The key aspects of this phase are as follows:
- Support in CapEx estimations for construction
- Planning of the construction process.
- Give regular updates on the Construction CapEx estimates and planning.
- Facilitate handover of the projects from Engineering to Construction, including the review of all technical documentation and relevant project documentation.
- Review of documentation for tendering, including all relevant individual tenders as per project contracting strategy.
- Provide technical support during the whole tender process, including review of the offers, technical assessments, clarifications with bidders, and support during negotiations with bidders up to the contract award
Management of the construction projects from the start of construction to the Commercial Operation Date, ensuring compliance targets are adhered to across Health, Safety and Environment, Quality and CAPEX in line with the company business plans:
- Prepare and deliver regular updates on the Construction Management Plan.
- Management of contractors, including claims, ensuring compliance is met.
- Management of technical assistance and/or specialist services.
- Management of interfaces across contractors.
- Management of internal and external related construction stakeholders.
- Documentation management, ensuring compliance with Company processes.
- Ensuring Health, Safety and Environment compliance with requirements.
- Ensuring Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
Management of the projects from Commercial Operational date to Operation and maintenance handover, ensuring compliance of project targets in terms of Health, Safety and Environment, Quality, and CAPEX are adhered to in line with the Company business plan.
- Management of commissioning.
- Final compliance checks and preparation of the handover dossier.
- Close out of the management of contractors, up to signature of the Take Over Certificates.
- Manage and lead the handover of the projects from Construction to the O&M Department, ensuring compliance with the Company process.
- Technical support during the due diligence process of construction-related matters, including review of the CapEx estimates, site visits, and constructability reviews.
- Technical support to the engineering process during the development phase, including review of studies, pre-projects, basic projects, and execution designs when relevant in order to optimise the projects and minimise the construction risk.
- Technical support to the O&M department
- Technical support to the construction department to boost construction performance and optimise the projects while reducing risk.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, preferably in electrical or civil works or similar.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in construction of onshore wind farms, solar PV, BESS, substations and high voltages lines.
- Relevant experience in the construction of other renewable or equivalent projects in the power sector is a plus.
- Experience working in a large-scale utility and multicultural environment is a plus.
Specific Knowledge / Technical Skills / Software Requirements:
- Construction Management.
- Project Management.
- BESS, Onshore wind and Solar PV regulations on the country.
- BESS, Onshore wind and Solar PV country's market is a plus.
- Electric and civil works.
- MS Project.
- MS Office.
- AutoCad & GIS is a plus.
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Inclusive Application Process
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.Apply now
Sign up to our newsletter
Jobs, insights, resources and more. A fortnightly update, straight to your inbox.