Our client is an independent, commercially minded consultancy specialising in sustainable and low carbon advice. Based in London, they work on projects throughout the UK and beyond. They seek to deliver the right outcomes for clients by providing high quality and timely advice; drawing on knowledge and experience of the political, economic, social, technological, legislative and environmental context.
They have a vision to be the leading provider of sustainability consultancy services, attracting the best talent in the industry and contributing to their client's success.
Our client is currently looking to expand their energy/climate change team with the recruitment of an experienced individual that will be responsible for the technical and thought leadership in the rapidly evolving range of climate change services.
Climate Change Technical Lead:
- Working with the Company Directors to further develop climate change consultancy offering.
- Direct experience in infrastructure and/or real estate will be positively regarded.
- Identify, enhance, and integrate existing skills across the team to maximise the company's potential.
Services currently undertaken and under development include:
- Carbon Foot-printing - consideration of standards including BS EN ISO14064-1.
- Climate Change Appraisals - to establish risk and necessary mitigation. Projects could include real estate and infrastructure.
- ES Chapters - Climate Change.
- Green Finance/Climate Bonds.
- Whole Lifecyle Analysis - helping the companies "champion" for this area enhance the service offering and better integrate outputs into other aspects of the business.
- Consideration of LETI outputs and engagement with the organisation.
- Work with the Company Directors to explore the possibility to further integrate these services into successful ESG Due Diligence offering, which has a strong focus on infrastructure.
- Applicants will hold at least one degree in a relevant discipline, ideally also educated to a Master's Degree level.
- At least 6 years direct experience in one or more of the aspects listed above.
- A good knowledge and working experience with VE-IES software is preferable.
- A good understanding of the function and application of renewable and low carbon technologies in the context of property.
- An awareness of carbon foot-printing standards.
- Experience with team management and mentoring would be desirable.
- Experience in putting together and winning proposals and good client management skills are strongly desirable.
- Proven analytic skills and data management.
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills (including customer liaison).
- IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Language skills would be considered positively.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.