Our client, an ambitious and highly respected property partnership, is looking for an experienced and qualified Client Accountant. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers - their universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property. The firm's rural division deals with all aspects of rural land and business - managing over 1.3 million acres on behalf of clients and advising the owners of farms, land and estates across the UK on all aspects of their portfolio.
We are seeking a Client Accountant to manage the reporting, budgeting and forecasting requirements for a new client with c. 1600 properties and develop the internal processes for clients of this nature. Your main tasks will include:
- Work closely with the Contract Management Team providing accounting expertise and insight into major contract processes, workflows reporting, analysis and KPIs.
- Supporting the existing management teams in providing the financial advice and reporting to the clients, and detailed budget/forecast management to ensure year end targets are met.
- Detailed management of capital expenditure projects and collation of that information into the budgeting / forecasting process
- Alongside the Head of Client Accounting provide accounting support to tenders and mobilisation for new contracts with particular regard to financial reporting requirements
- Working closely with other members of Client Accounting and the IT business analyst team to ensure existing and new processes, reports and analysis meet client requirements
- Develop a deep understanding of the workflows and processes involved in producing rural client accounting services. Including documentation, look to streamline and make more efficient
- As job holder you will gain knowledge of, develop workflows, and produce documentation at a client level including:
- Cash flows and budgets
- VAT returns including land and property aspects
- Account preparation
- Rent roll
Required Skills & Experience & Qualifications
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Proven post qualification experience as detailed on your CV
- Detailed knowledge and experience of reviewing, updating and documenting processes and systems, including experience of using workflows.
- Fully computer literate with a thorough understanding of MS Office programmes including Excel, Word and analytical tools such as PowerBI
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Enthusiastic and pro-active
- Strong numeral and written analytical skills
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Trained and qualified with reputable accountancy firm
- Understanding of Prince2 or other such methodologies
- Experience of preparing accounts, cash flows, budgets and VAT
- Experience/understanding of the Construction Industry Scheme
- Strong focus on keeping updated with technical standards and imparting that knowledge to others
- Willingness to tackle a variety of tasks with common sense and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated resilience
- Proven diplomacy in handling multiple stakeholders
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.