Climate17 is working with an established award-winning energy commodity trading firm with a long history in carbon markets, and they are looking to strengthen the trading team in London through the development of a global carbon origination team. Our client is looking to hire a Carbon Projects Originator - a project sourcing specialist to lead an origination initiative, to identify, acquire and manage carbon project credits for proprietary investment and trading purposes.
You will be working for a company that offers a dynamic, award winning trading desk, a culture of excellence and a supportive environment in which to succeed. They have built expertise, and have a strong track record of originating and executing carbon and energy, cross-commodity deals, and have an established cross sector/industry client base.
- Build on existing, global network of carbon project developers & voluntary carbon offset aggregators, and grow it.
- Work closely with sales and trading team in sourcing/developing carbon offset product/portfolios.
- Work closely with management and trading functions in development of proprietary primary investment strategy.
- Provide advisory support to their clients to navigate and understand market mechanisms and best practice.
- Help develop and assist manage a portfolio of carbon projects for proprietary investment and trading purposes.
- Experience and technical expertise related to carbon project sourcing and risk management.
- Good experience in establishing global partnerships with carbon related organisations and strong track record in deal structuring and negotiations.
- In depth knowledge of global carbon crediting frameworks (current and emerging), carbon market infrastructure, corporate sustainability initiatives.
- Experience using CRM systems to track client's requirements and project flow.
- Preferably, a Master's degree in Environmental Science, Management, Business Administration, or other similar fields.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.