Our client is a leading energy and environmental consultancy specialising across onshore and offshore renewables.
As part of their ongoing development, they currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cable Engineer to join their well-established and high-performing Technology team.
The Technology team operates across a broad range of projects from single wind turbine installations and onsite generation to multi-GW offshore generation, grid and private wire projects.
- Experience in supporting clients with power cable system design as they take energy projects through various stages of a project lifecycle from feasibility to construction in both the onshore and offshore sectors.
- Experience in technical due diligence and asset owner's engineer work in cable systems.
- Experience with design, manufacture and installation of onshore and offshore AC and DC cables.
- Experienced in onshore and offshore cable rating and detailed understanding of International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards 60287, 60853 and finite element analysis methods.
- Knowledge of present developments in cable systems, such as CIGRE guidance on site acceptance testing, dynamic cable rating, armour losses and finite element analysis.
- Experience using CYMCAP (or other industry standard software) would be advantageous.
- Writing a cable technical specification for works information for an energy project and technically evaluate the cable design within a tender return.
- Have experience of inspection and testing for power cables including a good understanding of standards governing inspection and testing including IEC 62067, 63026, CIGRE, IEEE and other relevant standards.
- An understanding of CDM legislation and experience of application to projects in design and construction
- Experience of sitting on a CIGRE or other relevant cable working group would be advantageous.
- Manage projects and present cable design to clients in reports and presentations.
- Embedding quality assurance practices, ensuring deliverables are technically excellent, demonstrating innovation and value and producing a high standard of client-tailored end deliverables.
- Mentor and share your knowledge and experience with the team to further develop the team's expertise.
- Develop business relationships with companies and co-professionals that will provide new opportunities for the business to provide our range of services.
- Assisting with business planning and delivering budgets, working with the sector and service leads.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.