Climate17 are pleased to be recruiting for a software company that supports the decarbonisation of economy and democratisation of energy. Working in the energy flexibility space, the company the leads efforts to make our planet greener and more sustainable.
Our client is hiring an Operations Manager to support company functions across the board, as the team responds to the challenge of making their energy system flexible and more sustainable.
Location: Work from home, but commutable to central London on regular basis
Proactively working with the director-level of the company to ensure that people have all they need to complete their roles. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Support line managers to deliver clear and consistent policies for professional development (reviews, one-to-ones, training and objective-setting).
- Team growth and health.
- Supporting the hiring of new team members. From researching and writing or editing job descriptions, to drafting suitable assessment tasks, and providing administrative support.
- Ensure that the company presents a consistent and professional presence on recruitment sites and social media (Twitter, Linkedin, Hired etc).
- Purchase and track equipment for new staff, and maintain clear equipment policies for setup, maintenance and replacement to make sure that everyone is equipped for productivity.
- Organise and build momentum for regular events such as Show & Tell, and team-wide activities (Christmas, Summer parties etc). We hope you’ll also be creative in dreaming up new events and initiatives to build team cohesion.
- Work with the team to design and implement scalable customer service processes including “on call” cover for our client’s marketplace given current and future growth.
Essential to the success in the role:
- 2+years’ experience in the Operations Manager position, supporting daily operations of the company
- Experience of working in this role in a start-up or scale-up company and familiarity with a culture of creative problem solving, open communication as well as day-to-day duties.
- Exceptional communication skills with a process-driven approach to solving problems and a passion for writing clear and succinct documentation for internal policies.
- Relevant Education/Qualifications in best practices for policies and processes relating to supporting company operations
- Experience of working within teams and the ability to confidently present your ideas – iterating them through collaboration and feedback and using your initiative and determination to see them through to delivery.
- You have a positive, flexible attitude to getting things done and a positive, solution-focused attitude, making you forthright in sharing new initiatives with the team and getting buy-in for your ideas.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace (for email, calendar and docs), Trello or similar (the whole team manages their priorities through a number of boards), and Slack (for online communication).
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.