Our client has led the market in energy data and analytics for almost 40 years. Today, they provide services to over thirty thousand businesses and organisations and processes data for just under 20% of the UK's electricity consumption every day. Their flagship data analytics software is the tool of choice for thousands of energy professionals.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to proactively engage and work closely with key energy suppliers to understand their current and evolving needs in order that the company can align relevant products and services to support them. We need someone that can develop an industry-leading understanding of existing and new energy suppliers, and their requirements, and position the company as their preferred metering and data services agent.
This position would ideally suit a BD Manager with energy sector experience and huge passion and drive for the industry.
- Develop deep commercial relationships with energy suppliers critical to the company's future growth and position the company as their provider of choice for metering and data services.
- Organise and lead regular commercial meetings with suppliers and develop strong relationships with multiple stakeholders within each supplier account.
- Ensure that all suppliers are aware of the range of products and services that the company offers and actively seek out and convert opportunities to provide those services.
- Provide expert account management and defend the company's commercial interests.
- Contribute to the development of the company strategy through excellent knowledge of market, product, competitor and customer developments.
- Develop an industry-leading understanding of existing and new suppliers, and their requirements, and position the company as their preferred metering and data services agent.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required
- Track record of success in a sales, business development, or entrepreneurial environment.
- Passion for the energy sector, and transforming the energy sector through technology.
- Strategic thinker who can apply a range of analytical techniques to prioritise activities.
- Confidently handles complex sales and negotiation processes and is able to respond to unanticipated situations.
- Sector experience is preferred, as is evidence of familiarity of working in a high growth, high tech environment.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail.
- Brilliant communicator who is familiar with liaising and selling to senior executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and rapport-building abilities.
- Good listener; can understand the needs of customers and colleagues.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.