Our client has led the market in energy data and analytics for almost 40 years. Today, they provide services to over thirty thousand businesses and organisations and processes data for just under 20% of the UK's electricity consumption every day. Their flagship data analytics software is the tool of choice for thousands of energy professionals.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager with EV experience for the purpose of establishing the company as a leading provider of end-to-end electric vehicle charging infrastructure solutions and Chargepoint Operator (CPO) services in target markets that include fleet charging, public charging, domestic and commercial developments. We need someone that can sell the company's ambitions in the fascinating and fast-growing EV charging sector.
- Develop business and create new strategic partnerships that will increase company access to commercial opportunities and opportunity conversion.
- Contribute to the development of company BD strategy through excellent knowledge of market, product, competitor and customer developments.
- Provide regular feedback on market conditions, competitor activities and progress towards business objectives.
- Deliver against agreed Business Development revenue targets and objectives.
- Develop an industry-leading understanding of the prevailing arrangements, commercial models and service providers within the EV market.
- Develop and execute the tactics required to position the company as a preferred provider of end-to-end electric vehicle charging infrastructure solutions and Chargepoint Operator (CPO) services.
- Leverage brand equity and existing products and services to create market leading USPs.
- Ensure the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by what you do; use work equipment provided safely and co-operate with managers to provide safe systems of work.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required
- Track record of success in an EV sales or business development environment.
- Passion for the energy sector, and transforming the energy sector through technology.
- Strategic thinker who can apply a range of analytical techniques to prioritise activities.
- Confidently handles complex sales and negotiation processes and is able to respond to unanticipated situations.
- Sector experience is preferred, as is evidence of familiarity of working in a high growth, high tech environment.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail.
- Brilliant communicator who is familiar with liaising and selling to senior executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and rapport-building abilities.
- Good listener; can understand the needs of customers and colleagues.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.