Climate17 are delighted to be supporting our client who are an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. They help provide sustainable business solutions for a low carbon world.
Our client offers a comprehensive range of services to measure, report, manage and reduce environmental impacts. They are currently looking for several Business Development Managers to join their London office and are looking to expand the UK Business Development Team with the additions of Business Development Managers or Senior Business Development professionals with a history on consultative sales in the sustainability space. This position would suit an enthusiastic and energetic individual with a passion for sustainability who is looking to expand their career in consulting sales.
- Prospect and identify new business opportunities to existing and new customers through online and offline lead generation activities
- Build effective relationships with existing clients to ensure repeat business and further penetration through identification of new business opportunities that add value
- Set up and attend sales meetings
- Support Sales and Advisory team members
- Working closely with the Marketing team
- Obtaining and addressing feedback from clients to ensure high quality service delivery and supporting Advisory team colleagues where required
- Taking responsibility for achieving personal and team targets and reporting accurate management information in sales meetings
- Driving co-operation and collaboration with other functions across the Group to maximise efficiency and effectiveness and to provide an integrated response to client needs/global accounts
- Developing and maintaining a positive, collaborative working relationships with all other functions in the UK business and wider organisation
- Communicating market/customer feedback and service requirements/ opportunities to the rest of the organisation as appropriate
- Strong sales skills are essential, along with a good understanding of sustainability, carbon and/or energy services
- Demonstrated experience of successfully delivering sales for a business providing sustainability, carbon or energy services, or similar, (minimum of three years' experience)
- Knowledge of carbon markets, offsetting and renewable energy
- A professional, team-oriented, relationship-oriented approach to winning business and developing successful, long-term client engagements
- Successful track record of personally closing significant levels of business with FTSE 350 clients preferably within the Sustainability/Climate/Environmental Sector
- Active, hands-on approach with clients
- Additional languages would be welcome: German, Nordic languages and French
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.