Climate17 are working with a specialist, vibrant consulting company that has been at the forefront of providing expert technical advice to electricity network companies, renewable energy developers, regulators, and funding institutions all over the world for more than 20 years. By nurturing the top talent in the energy industry, they have built a solid reputation of developing innovative solutions and solving complex problems associated with achieving net zero. They offer a fast-paced learning environment with excellent career development opportunities.
Our client is looking for a full-time Bid Manager/Bid Coordinator with previous experience in the UK procurement environment to join their Newcastle office, reporting to the Proposals and Commercial Manger, and working closely with their business leaders, technical staff, and others, supporting and delivering work winning activities across the proposal and contract award phase of the project lifecycle.
- Managing EOI/PQQ/Tender Opportunities.
- Tracking/updating portals/websites etc to identify appropriate opportunities to bid for work and keeping our client's data accurate.
- Maintaining/building relationships with key/new potential clients; with their purchasing/procurement departments to ensure best tendering/bidding practice is followed to allow the best chance of bid success.
- Working with business leaders, technical staff, and others to evaluate and co-ordinate/follow up on any possible opportunities received direct from potential/existing clients.
- Initiating early Bid/No-Bid discussions and managing the Bid/No-Bid Decisions to ensure only suitable/appropriate opportunities are bid and then assembling and managing (where appropriate) the bid team or delegating to the relevant Director/Team Manager (where appropriate), through to the bid submission.
- Collate proposal feedback from all members of the proposal team for continuous improvement and emerging best practice.
- Management of larger/more complex bid submissions.
- Working with Directors and Team Managers to co-ordinate input.
- Include and co-ordinate partner organisations, as and when appropriate to the bid.
- Ensuring proposals for larger/more complex bids are submitted on time, are accurate and complete, and are to the highest quality, and that they are costed correctly and competitively to give the best chance of bid/tender award.
- Working to ensure bids reflect the company's entire offering from across all Teams.
- To coordinate/support staff with bid submissions.
- To coordinate/support ongoing review and updating of standard and non-standard proposal templates and supporting documentation (CVs, financial records, boilerplate etc) to ensure continuing quality.
- Maintaining/updating the database of opportunities/enquiries and the associated bid documentation.
- Recording and reporting values of bids submitted by each team and monitoring win-rates and feedback to ensure efforts focussed on most likely win bid opportunities.
- Tracking and monitoring the effectiveness of portals/trade publications/websites to ensure focus on most successful portals/sites.
- Supporting other (small/ "everyday") bids and business development activities to support wider promotion of the business and improved quality of bid content.
- Understanding and supporting their strategy/delivery focus.
- Supporting vendor approval process by providing/uploading their data to client online systems.
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of the UK procurement environment.
- A degree in Engineering, or other relevant discipline.
- Accurate and proficient IT skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and knowledge of Adobe products.
- The ability to help drive and support the culture of openness and knowledge sharing required within the team.
- The desire to support and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Exhibit and demonstrate behaviours and attitudes in accordance with their core values to create a team culture and promote excellent communications.
- A pro-active approach, using initiative and taking responsibility for own actions.
- The ability to assimilate large volumes of information and understand, plan, and manage associated workflows.
- The ability to develop relationships and rapport with internal colleagues.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication, team player and collaborative.
- The ability to develop and maintain strong effective relationships.
- People skills to encourage, motivate and enthuse others.
- Robust project management skills with a meticulous approach to detail and quality.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise.
- A passion for quality and continuous improvement with a focus on delivery.
- Confidence to delegate to all levels, where required.
- Good command of English language for editing text and response writing.
- Flexibility to meet demanding proposal deadlines working extra hours when necessary.
- An APMP qualification.
- An appreciation of the commercial aspects of projects.
- Experience in business development and client facing activities.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.