An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Associate or Senior Associate Sustainability Consultant to join our client, a leading independent property consultancy who are development, build asset and sustainability specialists.
You will become part of the team in London, working on a wide range of disciplines in the commercial environment. You will also be helping grow their sustainability services, maintaining and further developing client relations and diversifying the range of their current service offering.
- Provide industry leading advice to clients to support the successful achievement of identified project outcomes. Add value through your knowledge of new research, opportunities to collaborate, or raise awareness through best practice.
- Work alongside the sustainability team and colleagues to provide an innovative service and inspire both internal and external teams and clients to embrace sustainability.
- Support the sustainability coordination of large-scale projects - driving innovation and monitoring the integration of a broad range of sustainability aspects into design, construction and operation. These include: Designing for performance, climate resilience, healthy/sustainable materials and circularity, whole life carbon and life cycle considerations, community and social value, water efficiency, transport and accessibility, customer experience and public realm, aftercare and POE.
- Undertake sustainability appraisals of development projects and produce accompanying reports to be submitted for planning.
- Produce excellent technical reports for commercial clients that are clear, engaging and balanced with infographics.
- Undertake and manage BREEAM certification projects including the pragmatic, cost effective development of design strategies with the project team, validation of evidence submitted, updating tracking record documents, monitoring design development, and producing meeting minutes.
- Circular economy and sustainable material procurement approaches specifically for the different built environment markets, Post-occupancy evaluation and occupier wellbeing, or other certification schemes such LEED, Fitwel or WELL.
- Draft bids and tender documentation.
- Proactively engage in business development opportunities and client relationship management, considering new and innovative ways to do this remotely.
- A degree in a relevant sustainability or architectural related subject.
- At least 5 years' of UK based experience within a sustainability consultancy working with commercial and residential real estate investors and developers.
- Experience of delivering complex projects within the built environment from design outset to practical completion. Experience of monitoring buildings in operation would be of benefit.
- Possess a track record of delivering against individual/team financial performance targets.
- Ability to help to create, build and manage successful commercial client relationships.
- Expertise in sustainable development (buildings and masterplans), and the business case for action.
- Experience in carrying out whole life carbon/embodied carbon assessments using IMPACT- compliant software to support the delivery of net zero carbon aspirations.
- A competent understanding of the relationships between building fabric performance, thermal comfort, ventilation strategies, embodied and operational carbon would be an advantage.
- Ability to provide strategic advise on sustainable development.
- While life carbon.
- Strong report writing experience.
- Consultancy experience.
- Able to write a planning submission.
- Worked with similar real estate investor clients.
- Client facing: experience of working with commercial real estate investors.
- Communication skills: presentation and client facing: leading meetings.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.