Climate17 are delighted to support our client who are a fast-growing business and one of the UK's leading sustainability consultancies. They are looking to add some expertise to their climate risk division. They use their sustainability expertise to support, challenge and inspire their clients within the real estate sector to create a prosperous economy. This amazing job opportunity will provide you with exposure to high-profile clients, collaboration with highly engaging and supportive colleagues and support from a wider business with an unrivalled commitment to sustainability.
Our client is looking for an Associate Director specialising in Climate Risk, who will help clients to define compelling visions, create leading strategies, and develop challenging targets. You will work in identifying, assessing, and managing climate risk, responding to the best practice recommendations of (TCFD), and ensuring clients capture the opportunities sustainability has to offer.
- Pivotal role within the climate risk and TCFD service line taking multiple clients through the climate risk management and TCFD implementation journeys.
- Developing approaches to help our clients understand, manage and report on their climate related risks in line with the TCFD framework.
- Senior project management of climate risk and TCFD projects managing time, budgets, resourcing and delivering effectively for our clients.
- Senior client account management working to grow and expand our retainer clients.
- Supporting to develop, shape and enhance our service offering for clients.
- Providing well-crafted recommendations and action plans and bringing the climate risk management plan to life through engagement with the client's internal teams, their property managers, and contractors.
- Contributing to the management of the climate risk team and resourcing.
- Engagement across business lines to increase awareness on climate-related risks and support the upskilling of internal and external teams.
- A good understanding of key sustainability issues for real estate including, but not limited to; climate related risk, Net Zero Carbon, Science-based targets, TCFD, UNPRI, GRESB and strategic carbon reduction plans.
- Experience in undertaking climate risk assessments or developing TCFD disclosures for clients.
- Proven project management experience and excellent communication skills.
- Strong account management skills and building successful client relationships.
- Experience liaising with, engaging, and presenting to senior business leaders, one-to-one or in facilitated workshops.
- Experience working with corporate clients, commercial property, and property and asset managers.
- Experience working in a collaborative way with clients and other stakeholders to develop ambitious and robust sustainability programmes.
- Awareness of the developments of the carbon-related legislative landscape, and experience in helping clients respond to these.
- Team-oriented with proven ability to lead and foster good working relationships, and to promote team development and individual growth.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.