Climate17 are working with one of the world's largest research companies.
Their Energy and Environment team covers one of the most innovative and fast-moving policy areas within the UK and internationally. They respond to the needs of the UK government and its agencies to help it design, deliver, and evaluate policies in areas critical to the achievement of net zero, climate resilience, biodiversity, and the just transition.
To support their continued growth in these key areas, they are currently seeking to appoint an Associate Director with economic and impact evaluation expertise to join them.
As an Associate Director, you will be responsible for the management of large-scale impact and economic evaluations. These will commonly assess the impacts of government interventions on economic growth, markets, RD&I, jobs and skills, investment, trade and national leadership and reputation. Crucially, this will involve evaluating national and international progress in meeting grand challenges such as net zero, industrial decarbonisation, fuel poverty, energy efficiency, air pollution, biodiversity depletion and the growth of the circular economy.
- Managing large scale and high-profile impact and economic evaluation projects.
- Designing robust and fit-for-purpose evaluation approaches, frameworks, and methodologies at both bid and inception stage (and as projects require adaptation).
- Contributing to strategic decisions about our clients' approach to the market.
- Playing a leading role in developing their position in the market and increasing their portfolio and reputation with existing clients (e.g., EU, BEIS, UKRI, DEFRA) as well as new clients.
- Involvement in the strategic, operational and people management of the Energy and Environment team.
- Close working with their primary research teams and partners to deliver evaluation studies and provide advisory inputs.
- Developing the skills of other colleagues within the team through technical leadership, effective feedback, and coaching.
- A strong academic background in social sciences (especially economics), engineering or climate sciences.
- Proven experience delivering impact and economic evaluation projects in a commercial and/or consultancy environment, demonstrating the ability to oversee project delivery to tight timescales and budgets.
- A good understanding of energy and/or environmental policy and a track record of conducting evaluations for clients commissioning this work in the UK or internationally (including the EU).
- Proven ability in business development and revenue generation, demonstrating the ability to develop new markets through strategic leadership, leading winning research and evaluation proposals, and effective delivery.
- Curiosity and drive to support a business to move into new areas.
- Interest in developing junior members of the team to fulfil their potential.
- A good understanding of the principles of micro- and macro-economics.
- Familiarity with specific energy, carbon emissions and environment datasets and data analysis experience.
- Mathematical/spreadsheet modelling & investment appraisal experience in relevant areas.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.