Climate 17 is working with a European leader in the energy market that aims to accelerate innovation for tomorrow's cities, with innovations in energy efficiency in building, smart grids, renewable energy, new low carbon uses of energy, etc.
Our client is pursuing a fast-moving commercial development and grow further through new projects in the UK and German market and will launch in the United Arab Emirates in 2022.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and effective Engineering Consultant to take part in expanding and growing their office in London and contributing to the development of their offices by delivering ambitious projects to their customer portfolio in the UK, Germany and internationally.
You will contribute to the delivery of urban studies using modelling tools, developing, or adapting simulation tools along with reporting and creating presentations to their private and public actors. An emphasis on energy is essential although the main competency will be to understand interactions between mobility, environment, quality of life, etc. in an urban design.
Reporting directly to their CTO based in London, it will be a close collaboration with other Engineering consultants and partners.
To contribute to the delivery of consultancy projects for urban decision-makers through:
- Planning and consolidation of consultancy offers combining energy, mobility, environment, quality of life and community aspects.
- Run and development of simulation tools to simulate, optimise or forecast urban key performance indicators, including the energy systems and urban mobility.
- Design of strategic vision for urban development and new business models.
- Contribution to bid management process, project management process and reporting activities.
- Contribution to the delivery of strategic, economic, and technical analysis mixing urban planning and design, and new techs regarding energy and mobility innovations and services, quality of life and environmental matters.
- Collaboration with the local and international team for common delivery or co-developments.
- Support in running workshops with customers to identify and understand needs.
- Master's degree in engineering, a specialisation in smart cities, urban development or architecture is valued.
- Solid knowledge in electrical-energetic engineering as well as the insight of the Energy sector and UK energy system.
- Broad understanding of urban environment or urban planning and UK local governance.
- Project Management competencies through initial professional experience.
- Successful in elaborating a critical vision of stakes and communicate convincingly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in English and French.
- An enthusiast for sustainable cities and smart new technologies as well as a drive for innovation and a start-up environment.
- Command of German or Arabic language is a plus.
- Frequent weekly travel abroad for missions is to be required when allowed again (France, Germany, and the UAE). Therefore, a valid passport and UK work permit are essential.
Location: London (Croydon)
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.