Climate17 is proud to be working with a leading Independent Connections Provider offering a full turnkey alternative to the host Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) for the design and delivery of electricity connections.
They are currently seeking to hire a Lead Design Engineer to join their fast-growing team.
- Undertaking outline designs for tendering purposes.
- Detailed designs for LV and HV distribution networks for domestic, commercial, and industrial developments up to 33KV.
- Provide technical support for business development & construction department.
- Review external design elements.
- Offer full design support to business development, construction teams and clients.
- Mentor, coach, and guide trainee engineers.
Further duties within the Lead Design Engineer role will be as follows:
- Assess enquiries to determine ability to tender.
- Assess enquiries to determine scope of works.
- Provide resolutions for projects ensuring compliance with relevant specifications and NERS, GIRS and WIRS requirements.
- Price tenders.
- Prepare submission tender documentation.
- Liaise with adopting asset owner (DNO, IDNO, IGT etc).
- Being involved with audits to ensure the company maintains their accreditations.
- Suitable engineering qualification (Degree/HND or equivalent).
- Ideally Chartered Engineer, minimum Incorporated Engineer.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Electrical HV/MV/LV Substation Engineering.
- Experience in designing/planning LV and HV electrical utility infrastructure and substation design.
- Knowledge of technical specifications of equipment, substations, cables, and plant.
- Knowledge of DNO/IDNO network construction including a knowledge of G81 documents.
- Understanding of the current NERS requirements.
- Understanding of CDM Regulations and N.R.S.W.A.
- Understanding of ISO09001, ISO14001 & ISO 18000.
- IT Literate.
- A team player with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Client focused bringing new ideas, commitment, and enthusiasm desirable.
- Experience of multi utilities.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.