Climate17 are working with a rapidly growing consultancy company who are looking for an environmental and energy management professional. The role will principally be responsible for delivering ISO14001 Environmental and ISO50001 Energy Management Systems at both organisational and site level. The role will more specifically sit within the Sustainability consultancy team and report within the in-house ISO team.
You will need to work with surveyors and site teams and grow strong client relationships and be able to work alongside both compliance, technical and net zero specialists. UK based travel will be required for this role. Our client can be flexible on location for the right candidate.
Location - North - East
- Support of the ISO 14001 service line including delivery and business development activities, including system development and implementation.
- Support the ISO 50001 service line including delivery and system development.
- Providing environmental and energy compliance advise to site-based staff based upon a comprehensive understanding of UK environmental legislation.
- Review, develop and improve operational controls, procedures, process, and system documentation.
- Gather, interpret, and define data gaps; carry out normalisation and bench-marking and complete environmental performance reporting in support of the EMS and EnMS.
- Manage, drive, coordinate and champion new innovations and improvements in environmental management which may include template development, process improvements, quality, and accuracy improvements.
- Conduct internal audits for both the ISO 14001 system and the ISO 50001 system.
- Contribute to the maintenance, development, communication, and implementation of sustainability standards within the Sustainability team.
- Have experience at delivering both financial and technical management of key fee earning services, ideally the preferred candidate will also have business development experience.
- Drive and support environment and sustainability business growth with a broad base of investor and occupier clients.
- Internal ISO 14001 Auditor.
- Internal ISO 50001 Auditor.
- Knowledge and experience of applying sustainability in the property sector.
- An evident passion for Sustainability.
- Good English, grammar, spelling, and document checking skills.
- MSc or MEng in Sustainability, Environmental Management or equivalent.
- Property sector specific experience.
- At least 5 years' experience with environmental management.
- Working towards a professional qualification IEMA or similar.
- Experience of working with sustainability data, including knowledge of energy, water, waste & carbon.
- Completely IT literate.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.