Our client is a renewable energy consultancy who help clean energy projects across the UK and Ireland secure capital and source technical capabilities.
Pre-construction Project Management Support
- Review and understand the full scope of planning requirements required to commence construction on a renewable energy project.
- Assist in the preparation/submission of compliance under the project planning permission.
- Become familiar with the H&S requirements for the renewable projects in Ireland and the UK.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of necessary compliance under the safety regulations, division of work documents, commercial tender documents and owner's site data for inclusion in all of the relevant contracts accordingly.
- Liaise with the electrical engineering team in the preparation of the contract specifications for the electrical balance of plant contracts.
- Liaise with the project management team in terms of Solar PV supply contract & warranty & maintenance contract negotiation and specification preparation.
- Together with the electrical engineering team liaise with the relevant grid operator in terms of connection methodology & program for the respective projects.
Construction Project Management Support
- Support the project manager in the management of the construction of the respective projects.
- Monitor the contractor's and subcontractor's safety, schedule and quality during construction.
- Assist in the monitoring and coordination of all contractor design and construction activities.
- Review of the contractor's civil and electrical designs.
- Manage the review all FAC documentation for the electrical and Solar PV equipment as required.
- Become familiar with & update the project programme and all contractor/sub-contractor updates.
- Prepare monthly progress reports to Client and Project financial team.
- Liaison with Off-taking and local Utilities, including attendance with the electrical engineering team at monthly progress meetings and other meetings as required.
Technical Engineering (Solar PV)
- Have an understanding of the broad principles of Solar PV engineering and design including knowledge regarding the relevant IEC standards.
- Become familiar with the energy yield calculation process and Solar PV equipment selection.
- Become familiar with the basic terms of the Solar EPC supply and maintenance contracts.
- Assist client's procurement team with the Solar EPC procurement process.
- Prepare Solar PV engineering technical documentation for supply contracts.
- Assist in the preparation of Solar PV engineering technical performance reports.
- Witness reliability run and testing performance for Solar PV equipment and analyse results.
- Inspect & snag completed Solar PV equipment following commissioning.
- Experience of working in a Solar Technical Consultant (desirable).
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (desirable).
- Working knowledge of PV design (PVSol, PVSyst, AutoCAD).
- Experience in Owners Engineering on utility-scale PV projects.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.