Our client is a world-renowned Renewable energy company who are looking to hire an experienced Solar PV Technician, ideally with HV qualifications, to oversee planned and preventative maintenance on utility-scale solar farms across the Isle of Wight, Southampton and Portsmouth areas.
- Undertaking planned inspection and maintenance according to legal, technical, manufacturer and contractual requirements.
- Undertaking AC and DC testing, troubleshooting and fault-finding.
- Carry out reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution in a timely manner.
- Inspection, testing and maintenance of PV modules, DC string combiner boxes and string inverters.
- Troubleshooting and repairs on sensors and communication equipment including RS485, Ethernet and fibre optic networks.
- Configuration of computer-based devices and components, including firmware updates.
- Occasionally assisting with ground maintenance or mechanical work.
- Physical and dexterous work to replace components and undertake maintenance activities.
- Keeping accurate maintenance records and compiling reports.
- Occasionally working away from home for training courses or to cover other sites for up to 1 week at a time (accommodation provided).
- Strong technical understanding of AC, DC and communications networks.
- Good knowledge and understanding of solar PV technology.
- Knowledge of central inverters highly desirable.
- Principles of High Voltage operations.
- Strong approach to safe working practices.
- Able to respond to changing priorities and emergent issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills for writing reports, reporting progress and communicating by email.
- Previous Solar PV maintenance experience, ideally on MW-scale or large commercial systems.
- Experience of working remotely without close supervision.
- Experience installing or maintaining ethernet and fibre optic communications.
- Experience working with SCADA or data monitoring systems.
- Central inverter experience.
- NVQ3 grade Electrician (or equivalent)
- 18th wiring edition qualified.
- Inspection and testing qualifications (C&G 2391 or 2394/5)
- High Voltage experience (AP15/OP40)
- Full UK driving manual licence.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.