Our client is a leading third-party provider of services to the renewable energy sector.
They offer a wide range of solutions covering construction, technical, administrative, accounting and financial operations of wind and solar assets, as well as advising investors on the acquisition or sale of assets.
Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking a Business Development Manager for the Spanish region, with expert sales skills and knowledge of the Spanish renewable energy market.
As part of the company's sales team, you will work closely with the technical and finance team and related stakeholders, and will be responsible for:
New Business Development:
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company's practice leaders/principals.
- Target new clients with marketing campaigns.
- Ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network and by cold calling.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Strategically plan approaches and pitches.
- Handle any potential objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Ensure new leads translate into new business.
- Create a strategy for lead generation.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical and finance team to ensure all client needs are addressed.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Business development planning.
- Create proposals for clients, including defining and pricing the scope of requested services.
- Follow up immediately on any proposals sent to the client and on any queries that may arise.
- Use and keep the company's CRM system up to date.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for a portfolio of clients based in UK as well as other geographies (mostly Ireland). The role will involve regular travel.
- Proactive, able to work independently, persuasive, negotiation skills, business and financial acumen, written and oral communication skills, networking, public speaking, closing skills, motivation for sales, sales planning, strategic thinking, identification of customer needs and challenges, market knowledge, goal oriented, knowledge of CRM systems (Salesforce) and Microsoft Office.
- Engineering qualification, followed by an MBA, OR a business degree with renewables experience.
- 2 - 5 years of experience in sales in Spanish renewables sector.
- Demonstrated success in a sales role.
- Languages: Spanish and English fluency is essential.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.