Our client is an independent, commercially minded consultancy specialising in sustainable and low carbon advice. Based in London, they work on projects throughout the UK and beyond. They seek to deliver the right outcomes for clients by providing high quality and timely advice, drawing on knowledge and experience of the political, economic, social, technological, legislative, and environmental context. Their vision is to be the leading provider of sustainability consultancy services, attracting the best talent in the industry and contributing to clients' successes.
Our client is looking to expand their energy team with the recruitment of an experienced individual (circa 5-10 years' experience). The requirements of the role will vary according to the level of experience. At the more junior end, there will be greater emphasis on the delivery of projects, and at the more senior end, a greater proportion of time will be spent undertaking managerial activities, including business administration, team management and business development.
The role will be predominantly office based (Victoria, London) but may also include site inspections and meeting attendance within the UK and possibly internationally.
Excellent opportunity for career development.
The energy team undertakes a variety of work, including:
- Energy Statements - presenting energy strategies in support of planning applications.
- Thermal Comfort Appraisals - to assess the risk of overheating using Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM) and based upon guidelines including CIBSE TM52 and TM59.
- Operational Energy Performance Assessments - Consideration of building performance in line with CIBSE TM54.
- Sunlight/Daylight Analysis - considering the impact of development on adjacent properties as well as access to daylight within the proposed building.
- Carbon Foot printing - audit and appraisals of carbon emissions associated with an organisation.
- Climate Change Appraisals - assessment of the impact of climate change on developments as well as the impact of developments on climate change.
- SECR/ESOS Consultancy - audits of an organisation's consumed energy and reporting in line with regulatory requirements.
- SAP/SBEM/EPCs - energy modelling for the purposes of Part L, Section 6 and for the generation of Energy Performance Certificates.
- Passivhaus - assessing optimisation of building fabric.
- Thermal Bridging.
- Applicants will preferably hold at least one degree in a relevant discipline.
- An excellent knowledge and working experience with VE-IES software is essential.
- Business Development - demonstrable skills in developing and implementing growth strategies.
- Experience with SAP software tool is desirable.
- Experience with a sunlight/daylight software tool is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Revit would be an advantage.
- An understanding of "sustainable development" (including BREEAM) and its implications for property (on the basis that the energy consultant is often required to liaise with the BREEAM assessor).
- Awareness of other relevant standards including NABERS, LEED, Passivhaus.
- Able to demonstrate an awareness of the UK's planning system and property development cycle.
- A good understanding of the function and application of renewable and low carbon technologies in the context of property.
- An awareness of carbon foot printing standards.
- General awareness of the environmental, social, and economic implications associated with development.
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills.
- Language skills would be considered positively on the basis that the wider business regularly undertakes work internationally.
- Self-starter with career ambition.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.