Climate17 are working exclusively with a privately-owned renewable energy firm that originates, develops and secures routes to market for solar and hybrid solar & energy storage projects, both at the utility and C&I scale.
Owing to sustained growth, they have a brand-new opportunity for an experienced Project Development Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with in-house planning, grid, design and land experts to move the project to commercial close.
- Managing utility scale projects from origination through to commercial close.
- Assessing the viability of projects, managing risks and budget through the development process and making recommendations to the Head of Development and Directors on how to proceed through stages of development.
- Prioritise, plan and coordinate project development activities according to project requirements.
- Lead project team to execute assigned projects within agreed deadlines and budget.
- Lead project meetings to manage delivery and provide updates to senior management.
- Be the primary point of contact for project related queries.
- Assess and advise Department Head and Directors on financial viability & risk profile of projects.
- Recommend and receive approval to fund and move projects through development stages.
- Support land expert through landowner negotiations.
- Prepare stakeholder and investor presentations for projects in the pipeline.
- Maintain an accurate record of the development process.
- Take the lead in understanding and optimising the key value drivers for projects.
- Take the lead in understanding and mitigating against key project commercial and technical risks.
- Liaise with design and constructions teams to optimise the technical development of projects.
- 2 years of experience in a similar project management role, leading project teams.
- Knowledge of solar PV (essential) and battery storage and route to market solutions.
- Knowledge of the UK development process, key milestones and risks.
- Experience of UK regulations and government policy for energy (primarily renewables), ancillary services and battery energy storage applications.
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills.
- Proactive, working on one's own initiative.
- Experience of using financial models for project valuation.
- Commercial acumen to understand the impact of decisions on returns and continually seek ways to improve returns during the development lifecycle.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.