An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Sustainability Consultant to join our client, a leading independent property consultancy who are development, build asset and sustainability specialists. As a Senior Sustainability Consultant, you will become part of the team in London, working on a wide range of disciplines in the commercial environment. You will also be helping grow their sustainability services, maintaining and further developing client relations and diversifying the range of their current service offering.
You will be working with leading investors and developers including British Land, Derwent, Grosvenor Britain and Ireland and The Crown Estate delivering a mix of project work and strategic development frameworks, ranging from complex refurbishments and re-purposing to construction of new commercial (offices, retail and leisure) and residential developments (predominantly build to rent and affordable housing). You will be working predominately on sites within central London alongside several regional schemes.
Our client is very keen to see consultant level/senior consultant level candidates who have experience in delivering environmental assessments (BREEAM or WELL), although not their sole skill, and have a good foundation knowledge on consultancy work. Also, some experience of writing/planning statements would be beneficial. They are looking for someone who has experience of being a lead on a project or looking to take the next step to more autonomy and being client facing. Other useful skills would be life cycle costing and whole life carbon. The candidate will need to understand project consultancy rather than be compliance focused.
- Provide industry leading advice to clients to support the successful achievement of identified project outcomes. Add value through your knowledge of new research, opportunities to collaborate, or raise awareness through best practice.
- Work alongside the sustainability team and colleagues to provide an innovative service and inspire both internal and external teams and clients to embrace sustainability.
- Support the sustainability coordination of large-scale projects - driving innovation and monitoring the integration of a broad range of sustainability aspects into design, construction and operation. These include; Designing for performance, climate resilience, healthy/sustainable materials and circularity, whole life carbon and life cycle considerations, community and social value, water efficiency, transport and accessibility, customer experience and public realm, aftercare and POE.
- Undertake sustainability appraisals of development projects and produce accompanying reports to be submitted for planning.
- Produce excellent technical reports for commercial clients that are clear, engaging and balanced with infographics.
- Undertake and manage BREEAM certification projects including the pragmatic, cost effective development of design strategies with the project team, validation of evidence submitted, updating tracking record documents, monitoring design development, and producing meeting minutes.
- Provide specialist expertise in one or more of the following core services, in addition to BREEAM: Whole life carbon analysis including BREEAM Mat 01 and local planning authority requirements, Circular economy and sustainable material procurement approaches specifically for the different built environment markets, post-occupancy evaluation and occupier wellbeing, or other certification schemes such LEED, Fitwell or WELL.
- Draft bids and tender documentation.
- Proactively engage in business development opportunities and client relationship management, considering new and innovative ways to do this remotely.
- A degree in a relevant sustainability or architectural related subject.
- At least 3 years of UK based experience within a sustainability consultancy working with commercial and residential real estate investors and developers.
- Experience of delivering complex projects within the built environment from design outset to practical completion. Experience of monitoring buildings in operation would be of benefit.
- Possess a track record of delivering against individual/team financial performance targets.
- Ability to help to create, build and manage successful commercial client relationships.
- Expertise in sustainable development (buildings and masterplans), and the business case for action.
- Track record in delivering BREEAM assessments through the design and construction phases; BREEAM certified.
- Experience in carrying out whole life carbon/embodied carbon assessments using IMPACT-compliant software to support the delivery of net zero carbon aspirations.
- A competent understanding of the relationships between building fabric performance, thermal comfort, ventilation strategies, embodied and operational carbon would be an advantage.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.