Our client is a fast-growing private equity business specialising in the renewable energy and property development sectors. They are seeking a Management Accountant to be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of financial information and managing the day-to-day financial activities for several sectors of the business. The areas the role will be responsible for are in planning and environmental consultancy, property development and renewable energy development and consultancy.
The ideal candidate will be academically strong (consideration will be given to those still studying for CIMA / ACCA), be commercially aware, and be enthusiastic and personable.
- Maintain the company financial records and ledgers and assist in the production of the monthly management accounts.
- Posting all supplier invoices.
- Produce and finalise monthly trial balances, including preparation and posting of journals.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded in the accounting system and all main balances are reconciled monthly.
- Manage the invoicing, credit control and creditor payment processes (managing approval and signatory process).
- Manage company bank accounts, monitor cashflow of the companies and prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare sales invoices to clients in accordance with the requests from Project Managers, fee proposals or agreements.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns to ensure timely submission and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual statutory accounts and liaise with the tax advisers to file returns.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
Key Skills & Experience
- Part-qualified or qualified accountant (CIMA or ACCA).
- Experience of management and financial reporting.
- Effective business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Experience of Sage Line 50 would be advantageous.
- IT literate, with demonstrated Microsoft Excel skills.
- Thorough understanding of double entry book-keeping.
- Ability to plan and organise own work.
- Proven ability to prioritise, adhere to schedules and work to deadlines.
- Effective communication skills with people at all levels.
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in commercial, as well as accounting, activities.
- Be able to work as part of a team and proactively support others in the team.
- Problem solving ability and capacity to take the initiative.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to ad hoc requests.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.